Making New Work

Tuesday 24 October 2017



This year has been heavy on administration and a bit light on making. Having had some success with the promotion I have decided to have a concentrated period of making, and have started on a series of works under the working tile of Spaces In Between.  There is still admin to be done but I am going to  make an attempt to go back to my earlier resolution to limit it to one hour a day max.  Today that is this blog plus twitter and instagram, and then the next few days will be the Corby Glen appointments.  It is also prime competition entry time so I will have to be picky about what I enter.



New Tiny Experiments in colour in process, all 10x10cm
1
  
2
4

5

6


                  
 80x80cm currently drying








close to dry 80x80 cm, made using Cadmium RedPurple and earth tones, and just a little green, once dry I will de deciding hat to do about the surface sheen which is currently rather lovely in its wet state, so may add a gloss finish to parts



50x50cm, hand mixed oil on canvas, still drying, and as it dries the turquoise in particular changes its appearance


work drying

100x100cm, handmixed oil on canvas, base coat in indigo, 2017



And there are others, lots of my work currently needs a mask because of poisonous pigments and toxic solvents.....



I am making some new bigger work




This is the very first stage of a piece which will be 150x100cm














Leave a Comment

Post a Comment